The Path of Penance
- The annual week long Festival of Ha’Div begins. It is revealed that this is the 100 anniversary of the Ha’Div’s defeat of the Baz’Mor
- The party participates in the festivities, they discover a man in midnight blue clothes with his face being chewed off by a goblin. The goblin is defeated, the party find three crystal shards in the man’s pack, red, blue and green
- Feeling a pull to the crystals, the party keeps them when they call Constable Crummock
- Strange, enlarged, mutated, diseased creatures attack the town. The party tracks some of these creatures into the woods.
- In the woods, Starfall, a unicorn, leads the party to a source of corruption. It turns out to be an old barracks used by the drow in the War of the Dark
- The party explores the barracks. They learn of Commander Scarla Kalthix’s search for a ancient weapon hidden in a Guardian Tower. They defeat a cleric of the Baz’Mor. The party also learns of another cleric of the Baz’Mor and his alliance with King Thax Broken-Tooth, a goblin king of the Deep Dwellers tribe.
- The party also meets a “Both” of a goup of goblin “engineers.” He talks of sailing across a great ocean to come here.
- Two goblin tribes raid the village of Peace’s Blessing. The Deep Dwellers and the Soul Eaters attack. The Soul Eaters are local goblins that the town has dealt with from time to time. This time, they are mutated like the insects that have attacked the town. Drake reveals that he is a sorcerer to the town. Old man Bern and Luna Camron reveal themselves to be wizards.
- Ma Ha’Div reveals that a mystical pearl, which imprisons the Baz’Mor, was taken by the goblins. The party guesses that the goblins must have traveled from the Forbidden Island and sail after them.
- The party conquers the Forbidden Island
- Content that their small village is safe, the party returns home. There they find an Imperial Tax collector has arrived with his entourage. Sorcerer Sparrow is demanding either the town pay a heavy tax, or shed their crops for a new one, called Pesh, a drug. Sparrow himself is an awful, petty man. The party uses the treasure found on the Forbidden Island to pay off the Empire. Sparrow and his ilk leave.
- Yeth hounds arrive and target the party. Bern tells the party that the hounds can magically send any scent to their packmaster and that more are sure to come.
- The party leaves town to keep the hounds from their home. Quincey has dreams of special training and heads out first, telling the rest of the party to meet up with him in a few weeks at Riverwalk.
- On the road to Riverwalk the party comes across Sorcerer Sparrow and his entourage. They have all been slain in an ambush. Special attention was paid in killing Sparrow. Iron spikes were driven through various parts of his body.
- The party, except for Ko, are taken in for questioning by the Sawtooth Guild. It is not a warm welcome in Riverwalk. They are released when a drunkard, named Christof Crimson vouches for them by saying that they last thing they killed were some hounds. He is very detailed on the method of slaying.
- The party team up with Christof and head to the Hag Swamp.
- Returning to Riverwalk, the party sees a gargantuan Blue Dragon circling the town. She introduces herself as Azulix, servant of the Mask of Gems, and pronounces a sentence of death for the town for the death of Sorcerer Sparrow. The town’s mayor and constable take responsibility and sacrifice themselves to save the town. The Sawtooth Guild and the mayor’s family are killed as collateral damage.
- Sickened by this event, the group leaves the town and travels to The Guardian Tower of Emerald.
- Clearing the Tower the party arrives in Sweetwater Bay. They are accosted by wererats that are a part of the 1000 Eyes thieves guild
- Quincey visits the Seer, who seems to truly have a gift of seeing and possibly prophecy
- Ko and Aminta visit the Silver Hook Trading Post and take a job
- Drake comes up with a scheme to trick the Plague Staff out of Sorcerer Zephros’s hands
- Zephros is confronted and claims innocence